- Prima is an automated system for extracting DNA and RNA from blood, saliva or other biological fluid samples, solid tissues and plant samples. This workstation is based on magnetic bead technology and it is able to process up to 24 samples at a time in less than 100 minutes.
It is possible to use one of the recommended and validated extraction kits, whose automatic protocol is already available, or to test and employ other magnetic bead-based kits or specific protocols, counting on customized management for each lab.
- Prima has a high throughput capacity and allows extraction of highly-pure DNA or RNA, various downstream applications can be run on this platform, such as PCR, real-time PCR, sequencing libraries, microarray, enzymatic analysis.
Moreover, as all OMNIA workstations, Prima is very flexible so that it can be used for plate preparation and automatic pipetting to perform many protocols that can be quickly programmed.
- Easy and fast extraction from up to 24 blood, saliva or other biological fluid samples, tissues and plant samples without wasting of reagents or consumables
- Use of several validated commercial kits or test of specific kits
- High purity of extracted nucleic acid (A260/280 ratio DNA: 1.7-1.9, RNA: 1.9-2.1)
- High performance in downstream applications such as PCR and qPCR
- Decontamination through UV light
- Workstation suitable for other autosampling and liquid handling protocols
- User-friendly software with wireless remote control